We know children flourish in a positive environment where school pride, community, and excellence are exemplified. Some quick facts about Susquehanna Prep/Apple Tree can help reinforce what you’re already thinking. “This school is great!”
Our School at a Glance
- One location to serve your educational needs from Pre-K through 8th grade
- Low student to teacher ratio allows for a tailored learning experience with extra guidance given when needed to ensure success
- Incorporating new technology into classrooms promotes hands-on, interactive learning reinforcing the learning process
- Introduction of Spanish curriculum enhances student’s cognitive development, resulting in increased critical thinking skills, creativity, and flexibility of mind
- Through nurture and discipline, peer collaboration and personal introspection, students are given the tools necessary to develop an acceptance of responsibility, a positive self-image and mutual respect for others
- Our comprehensive music program led by a Nationally Certified Teacher explores a wide range of music through singing, listening, rhythm exercises, playing the recorder, reporting on vocalists, and more
- Open communication between parents, students and faculty lead to a positive learning environment
- Widely praised writing program where students learn to write and develop their writing skills to a level that will propel them to excel in high school
- Detailed written progress reports keep parents informed of all phases of child’s education
- On site libraries, computer lab and science lab support the learning process
- Phonics instruction begins at age three accelerating each child’s literacy development.
- Public speaking, debate, and 8th grade research paper develop critical thinking for preparedness for high school
- Kindergartners are reading and writing short stories prior to first grade
- Physical education program to keep students active and healthy. Opportunity to run cross country and learn skills in baseball, soccer and other team sports.
- Our athletic program gives 7th and 8th graders the chance to take part in a rotation of golf, tennis, basketball and swimming. Susquehanna Prep is a member of the PIAA (PA Interscholastic Athletic Association) which allows us to request a cooperative sponsorship for our students to join a district sports team if desired
- Parent sponsored outreach programs that bring visiting exhibits in science and theatre to the classroom
- All members of the 8th Grade are invited to participate in a class trip to Washington D.C.